La Terra Fina is looking for an outstanding Financial Analyst to join our team. If you are someone who is curious and collaborative with proven ability to focus on the details while still seeing the big picture, we’d love to talk to you. We are a fast growing and lean organization, and this position will offer opportunities to work directly with senior management to help drive the organization’s financial and strategic goals.
This role will report directly to the VP of Finance and will have high visibility across the organization. As part of a four-person Finance team, the Financial Analyst will have a broad scope of responsibility and significant potential to impact the company’s performance.
- Become the close reporting and forecast process owner within 12 months
- Prepare and record journal entries as part of monthly close, and reconcile key accounts
- Own setting up close and forecast reporting packages, as well as developing key exhibits
- Keep the Finance and cross-functional teams on track by establishing timelines and ensuring deliverables are met
- Enable decision making across the organization by becoming a key cross functional business partner
- Work directly with cross functional partners to define problems and recommend and implement solutions
- Provide monthly reporting and insights on spending to department heads
- Work with Sales organization on an ongoing basis to maintain rolling sales forecast model
- Within nine months, recommend and implement improvements to streamline sales forecast model
- Prepare weekly IRI reporting to help senior management understand sales trends
- Collaborate with the VP of Finance on process improvements and ad hoc analysis
- Recommend and lead development of new tools and processes as well as improvements to existing processes
- Provide analytical support on a number of ad hoc initiatives, including profitability, pricing, new product, and DCF investment analysis
- Within three months, develop improved product level contribution margin model
- A passion for understanding your role as well as how it connects to the business
- An eye for detail and accuracy. Ability to check own work for errors and test for logic and reasonability
- Creative problem solver
- Critical thinking and a demonstrated ability to draw connections between analysis and actionable insight
- Ability to communicate and influence in a cross functional environment across all levels of management
- Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills, including familiarity with pivot tables, VLOOKUP and INDEX/MATCH functions. Bonus points for experience with macros
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of financial planning and analysis experience, including some exposure to general ledger accounting. Bonus points for manufacturing/consumer products experience, experience with ROSS or similar ERP systems, as well as business analytics tools such as Qlikview, Biznet or Essbase
About La Terra Fina
At La Terra Fina, we are passionate about creating wholesome, delicious products that bring people together. We make a full line of delicious dips and quiches that are sold nationally at club and retail stores, with annual sales approaching $100M. Our plant and administrative offices are located in Union City, CA.
La Terra Fina combines the lean mentality of a startup with access to the resources of a much larger organization. We are affiliated with HP Hood, a large dairy producer headquartered in Massachusetts, but operate independently. This means that we have our own management team based in Union City responsible for continuing to grow the company and execute our strategy.
We have grown rapidly over the past five years but we have even bigger aspirations for the future. Our Finance and Accounting team, while just a handful of people, covers all major functions that you would find in a larger organization. There are no silos, and while we don’t expect you to know everything on day one, we are looking for a candidate who wants to dive in and learn as much as they can and who is passionate about driving business results.
To apply, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org