Wow everyone with these super simple, extremely tasty cheesecake treats. Don’t let the time fool you, the prep is fast. Then just let them rest in the fridge until you want to serve.
- 1, 1/4-oz. envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6, 2-1/4 x 4-3/4-in. graham crackers or 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Dip
- 1, 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- About 12 key limes, zested and squeezed to yield 1/3 cup juice
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Place 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse to form crumbs. Add butter and granulated sugar and pulse to combine. Spoon crumbs into 8, 8- to 10-oz. cups or glasses, pressing lightly to make a crust. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup boiling water to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is thoroughly dissolved. Set aside.
- Wipe out the food processor and add Cheesecake Dip and cream cheese, processing until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, pulsing to combine. Add lime juice and zest and pulse to combine. Add gelatin mixture and pulse to combine. Divide entire mixture between the cups or glasses.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
Chef’s Note: For quick personal sized tart style cakes, simple press the graham cracker crust mixture into the bottom of cupcake tins. Top with cheesecake mixture and bake for about 10 – 15 minutes on 300°F, just long enough to let the cake set up. Then freeze until ready to serve.
You can use regular limes, use the zest from only about 4.
You can use pre-crumbled graham crackers or crumble them by hand, then mix the crust ingredients in a small bowl and mix the filling ingredients in a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer.