Pack a huge tasty punch in these easy sliders. Sure to please picky eaters with the great flavors of cheese and green chiles. You can keep it super simple with leftover rotisserie chicken.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup Spicy Green Chile & Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups green cabbage or iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 soft dinner rolls, split
- In a medium bowl mix chicken, dip, celery, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange bottom halves of rolls on a plate or platter. Cut or fold the cheese to fit and arrange on the rolls. Top with cabbage, jalapeños, chicken mixture and top halves of rolls and serve.
Chef’s Notes: For the chicken use either last night’s leftovers, rotisserie chicken, or roast or poach one very large or two small chicken breasts.