Pickle lovers, this is the recipe for you! Savory, crunchy Dill Pickle Dip & Spread and hot honey take this fried chicken sandwich to the next level.
Recipe & Photos by: @brightmomentco
For the Fried Chicken:
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp. Hot Sauce
- 5 oz La Terra Fina Dill Pickle Dip & Spread, Made with Greek Yogurt (½ of one 10-oz container)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. EACH: Baking Powder, Salt, Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. EACH: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper
- 4 Chicken Breasts or Thighs, boneless and skinless
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
To Assemble the Sandwich:
- Place the chicken in a storage bag, seal loosely, and pound the chicken to tenderize with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin.
- Place the chicken in a new storage bag if the original ones seems to have little holes from pounding. Add the buttermilk and 5 ounces of La Terra Fina Dill Pickle Dip & Spread, Made with Greek Yogurt. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken in the mix. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and seasonings. Mix well.
- Dredge the chicken through the flour mix to completely coat.
- In a large pot or deep pan, heat up 3-4 cups of oil to 350F. Depending on how large the pot is, you may need to work 1 chicken breasts at a time.
- Carefully place 1 coated chicken in the pot to fry 3-4 minutes on each side, until deep golden color and crispy. The internal temp should reach 165F. Place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and hot sauce together. Brush the fried chicken in the hot honey mixture.
- Stack the sandwiches in the following order: Bottom bun, 1-2 tbsp. La Terra Fina Dill Pickle Dip & Spread, Made with Greek Yogurt. Lettuce, Chicken, Pickles, Top Bun. Enjoy!