Whether you’re looking for a tasty appetizer or a filling main course, this healthful and spicy twist on a Caesar delivers!
- 3/4 cup Spicy Green Chile & Cheese Dip & Spread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the dip, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, croutons, cheese, onion and jalapeño peppers.
- Add the dip mixture to taste and serve.
Chef’s Note: For a bright flavor twist, substitute lime juice for the lemon juice. Or make the salad more substantial by adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon.