These crispy and easy shrimp appetizers from @TheBoldAppetite will wow your guests with the perfect combination of crunch, flavor, and heat.
- In a bowl combine minced shrimp, cream cheese, and 5 oz La Terra Fina dip.
- One by one add approx. 1 tsp of filling to the wonton wrapper. Brush the edges with the egg wash and seal tightly, ensuring you are pushing out ALL the air.
- Once all the wontons have been stuffed and sealed, freeze them for a minimum of 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- When ready to fry, heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pot. Once the temperature reads 350°F carefully drop in the frozen wontons frying about 4 at a time. Cook them until golden brown 3-4 minutes, flipping them mid-way.
- Once done place on a rack or paper towel to drain. Serve with remaining La Terra Fina Sriracha Three Cheese Dip & Spread on the side.
Tips to ensure perfectly cooked wontons:
- Do not overstuff. Add only 1 tsp to each wonton wrapper.
- Make sure you are maintaining an oil temp between 350-360 degrees, no higher.
- Do not overcrowd the pan when cooking, depending on the size of your pan the recommended amount is 3-4.
- These wontons are great to store in the freezer until ready to cook, just take out of the freezer and place directly into the oil, no defrosting needed.