These creamy, flaky puff pastry pinwheels will be the first to disappear at your holiday party.
- 3/4 container of La Terra Fina Spinach, Artichoke & Parmesan Dip & Spread. Can also use Artichoke &
Jalapeno Dip & Spread or other favorite La Terra Fina Classic Dip & Spread
- 1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 can quartered artichokes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Make the egg wash by whisking together the egg and water. Set aside until ready to use.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to flatten the seams. Brush the surface with the egg wash.
- Take the La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dips & Spreads and using a spatula carefully spread about 3/4 of the container on top of the puff pastry. Leave a little bit of space around the edges.
- Sprinkle with chopped artichokes and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle just a little bit of nutmeg, and a few cracks of black pepper over the surface of the pastry.
- Starting on the short side that’s covered with filling, roll up the pastry like a jellyroll.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment. Slice the roll into ½-3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the baking sheets into the refrigerator or freezer to let them cool as the oven preheats. I prefer the freezer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they’re golden.These pinwheels are best served warm.