Enjoy fresh fish made easy and delicious. This delightful recipe is a great way to bring everyone to the table while adding more healthful fish to your menu.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups breadcrumbs (panko or make your own)
- 4 oz. plain potato chips (crushed into 1/8-inch bits) approx. 1 cup
- 1 whole side of salmon (approx. 2.5-3 lb)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Chunky Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip
- Adjust oven rack to uppermost position (approx. 3-inches from heat source). Preheat to broil.
- Toss breadcrumbs and crushed potato chips together, set aside.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil 6-inches longer than the fish. Position the salmon lengthwise on foil, allowing the excess foil to hang over the baking sheet. Rub the fish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Broil on the upper rack until the surface is spotty brown and the outer 1/2-inch of the thick end is opaque when gently flaked, approx. 9-11 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven, spread evenly with dip and press the breadcrumb mixture onto the fish.
- Return to lower rack and continue broiling until the crust is a deep golden brown, approx. 1 minute.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and additional dip, as desired.
Chef’s Note: Use fresh fish throughout the year for this recipe; simply ask the seafood counter for the ‘catch of the day’. Try halibut, tuna or cod as a delicious substitute. Make a sustainable choice and find recommendations for sustainably caught fish, check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium Bay Seafood Watch Consumer Guide for the most up to date information.
Make your own breadcrumbs:
3 slices high quality sandwich bread, crust removed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pulse bread in a food processor until processed to even 1/4-inch pieces.
- Spread crumbs evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven on upper/middle rack for approx. 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.