Healthful and tasty this internationally inspired recipe is full of spicy flavor. This noodle dish makes for an easy meal any time.
- 12 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 8 oz. large raw shrimp, ideally tail-on
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1/4 cups Spicy Green Chile & Cheese dip, divided
- 1/3 cup milk, cream or half & half
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced and drained
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), shelled and toasted
- about 16 small cilantro sprigs
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Arrange the shrimp on skewers, brush with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until just cooked, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, saving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with 1 cup of the dip, the milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Add cooking liquid to desired consistency.
- Arrange pasta mixture in bowls. Top with shrimp, roasted red peppers, jalapeño pepper, pumpkin seeds and cilantro sprigs. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining dip and serve.
Chef’s Note: If you like, substitute rotisserie chicken or crumbled queso fresco for the grilled shrimp. You can also change up the other toppings—try sliced scallions or red onion, diced tomato, lime wedges or shredded cabbage.