Deeply flavorful and extremely easy, these meatballs are more kabab and sure to please! – Created by Feed Your Temptations
- 1 pound ground chicken (or try lamb, beef or turkey)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion (about ½ big onion)
- 2 green chilies / jalapeños
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder/paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pat dry ground chicken with paper towel.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add onions and green chilies and cook until the onions are translucent. Add spices and cook for additional minute. Let it cool completely.
- Put a tablespoon of oil in a pan and place on medium high heat. Add whole garlic and sauté until garlic softens and cool. Once cooled, mash into a chunky consistency. (Refer notes for roasting garlic in the oven, below).
- Add the cooked onions, cooked garlic, lemon juice, salt, cilantro, bread crumbs and mix well with your hands and knead for a minute or two so that the flavor can combine well. Cover and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Fry the meatballs in a shallow pan on medium heat until brown on all sides and cooked on the inside, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a tray with oil. Arrange the kababs with space between each. Cook for 20 minutes, turning the side after 10 minutes. Broil for about 2 minutes for charred look.
- These meatballs go great with Spinach & Parmesan Dip made with Greek Yogurt, or any of our Greek Yogurt or Classic Dips.
These can be shaped into burgers.
Roasting garlic in oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the top of the garlic and place in aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil. Cover and bake it for about 30 minutes. For step by step instruction check this.
Find more spicy, flavorful treats at by My Kitchen Craze.