This is no ordinary veggie sandwich recipe! Loaded with creamy artichoke dip, roasted portobello mushrooms, zucchini, onions, and cheese, this sandwich will satisfy the heartiest of appetites. Another delicious recipe from NeighborFood.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced in rings
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, sliced in sticks
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 12 slices whole grain seedy bread
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) container Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Dip; also try with any of our Classic or Greek Yogurt Dips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together oil, vinegar, dijon, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. Place all veggies in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Toss with vinegar mixture and allow to marinate in fridge for at least 20 minutes or longer if desired.
- Roast marinated vegetables for 20 minutes, or until soft but not mushy.
- To prepare sandwiches, toast or grill slices of bread. Layer as follows: 1 slice of bread, tablespoon or so of artichoke spread, prepared veggies, second slice of bread, slice of cheese, more veggies, and last slice of bread with another layer of artichoke spread on it.
- Serve sandwiches warm with plenty of napkins!
Find more delicious recipes by visiting NeighborhoodFood.